BaccS allows to localize printing templates. In this article you will find out how to easily localize invoice and prepare bilingual templates.
Information contained here explains how to localize invoice templates, but the same rules can be applied to other printing forms (quotes, purchase orders).
To start with localization, open corresponding reference data tables and provide localized values for entry names. For example, here is how work type names are localized:
And the same for Unit names:
Each entry has three fields for localization, named as Name localized 1, Name localized 2 and Name localized 3. No need to link first and second value with some language - you're free to decide which language will correspond to each number.
When localized values are provided, you're free to use these variables in your invoice templates. Open invoice template in the designer and find any field which you want to localize. For example, Work type field will be localized. Select it in the Designer and find out linked field in the Field list:
You can see localized variables below Name field in the field list. Drag necessary field and put it over selected label. As the result, this label will become linked with localized name instead of source name.
If you wish to get bilingual invoice, to the following:
1. Select a label on the design surface. Open helper menu and select None in the Data binding property:
2. Double click on a label to edit its contents, type  and drag Name field inside these square brackets.
3. Then type another pair of square brackets and drag Name localized inside second pair of square brackets.
4. As the result, you will get a string like that:
[Work type.Name] / [Work type.Name localized 1]
5. From now, two values will be printed in the same label: source value and localized value.
Optionally, you may drag localized variable into the designer surface and create a new label. In this case, it won't be needed to break data binding for source name, and you will just have two labels placed nearby, like this:
Done! Now, when you will try to print invoice using this template, you will get localized version of your invoice. Switch to the Preview tab to see how it looks using one of real invoices contained in the database.